Two-Minute Drill: Meyer Talks Buckeyes on ESPN
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — ESPN’s spring football tour rolled through Columbus on Tuesday. One of the biggest developments of the day was quarterback Braxton Miller and his hair.
The junior signal-caller has dropped the bleach-blonde Honey Braxton look to return to his normal hair color. That was hardly the only important note to come out of Tuesday’s ESPN appearance.
Here’s a closer look at what Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer had to say during his appearance on SportsCenter.
* Meyer said Braxton Miller is starting to develop "the Michael Jordan effect," which means making everyone else around him better.
* Meyer said Carlos Hyde could be one of the best in the country.
* Meyer said the tight end position at Ohio State is the best he's had, "and I had Aaron Hernandez at Florida."
* Meyer: "I'm in a really good place right now. Once you hit a certain point in your life, you don’t want to go back there."
* Meyer has been able to maintain balance in his life. "In the offseason, I'm off. I'm gone. I never would have done that in the past."
* Meyer said he thinks he will handle "speed bumps" (aka losses) better this time around, but he never wants to handle them too well.
* Meyer: "I like the guys who, nauseous isn’t the right word, but sick to their stomach. That’s where I have the hardest time. I blame myself.
On Spring Football
* Meyer said he's always taken great pride in being the best fundamental team in America and they weren't a year ago.
* Meyer: "We're chasing to be the best fundamental team in America, and I think we've made some great strides this spring."
* Meyer said Buckeyes are much improved in tackling: "If you remember last season, it was about as bad as I've ever seen."
* Meyer said they're still not very good at disengaging from blocks, "We've worked extremely hard, but we're still not where we need to be."
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.