Ohio State vs. Florida Game Notes
By John Porentas
OSU's win over Florida was as big an early-season win as there has been in recent memory. OSU used a solid defensive effort and disciplined offense to put the game in the victory column. Below are some of the highlight notes from the win.
· Ohio State is now 8-4 vs. Florida and is 32-27 all-time vs. members of the Southeastern Conference (SEC). The most recent meeting between the Buckeyes and Gators took place Nov. 16, 2010 in Gainesville, Fla.; a 93-75 Ohio State victory. Ohio State has faced all SEC members except Auburn.
· The Buckeyes are 5-0 all-time vs. Florida in Columbus.
· The game was the first time since 2007 Ohio State has faced a Top 10 ranked team (No. 1 North Carolina, 11/28/07).
· The last time Ohio State faced a ranked non-conference opponent in Columbus was 1/3/07 (No. 5 Ohio State 68, No. 16 Tennessee 66).
· The is the first time since 12/22/60 that Ohio State has faced Top 10 ranked non-conference opponent in Columbus (No. 1 Ohio State 84, No. 8 Detroit 73).
· As a ranked team Ohio State is 397-108 overall and when ranked in the AP Top 10, the Buckeyes are 276-59.
· When ranked in the Top 3 of the Associated Press, Ohio State is 133-20.
· As the AP No. 3 ranked team in the nation, Ohio State improved to 28-6 overall.
· When both teams are ranked in the AP Top 25, the Buckeyes are 60-50.
· Ohio State improved to 140-224 all-time vs. ranked opponents, including 57-112 vs. Top 10 teams.
· Since the 2009-10 season, the Buckeyes are 39-1 at Value City Arena.
· The win was the 24th-consecutive victory at home for Ohio State, dating back to a 66-55 win over Michigan Feb. 27, 2010. It’s the fourth-longest streak in Buckeye history.
· Against non-conference opponents, Ohio State is 82-5 (.941) at Value City Arena and 144-23 overall.
· In their last 55 games, the Scarlet and Gray are 50-5.
This is the 264th-consecutive game Ohio State has made at least one 3-point field goal (1/10/04 vs. Penn State was the last game with zero made).
· Matta improved his career record to 294-88 overall and 192-57 at Ohio State.
· With the win, Ohio State is 34-5 in November under Coach Matta.
· Matta is now 3-2 in his career vs. Florida.
· Matta is now 94-18 all-time in games against non-conference opponents at Ohio State.
· Ohio State is now 125-23 (.843) overall at Value City Arena and 121-10 under Matta.
· Matta improved to 32-37 against ranked opponents, including a 15-8 mark at home.
· The Buckeyes are 160-20 under Matta when leading at the half.
· Ohio State is 177-5 under Matta when leading with five minutes to play.
· When shooting better than the opponent, Ohio State improves to 169-18 under Matta.
· With 81 points, the Buckeyes are 130-11 under Matta when scoring more than 70 total points in a game.
· The Buckeyes improve to 162-44 when limiting themselves to under 15 total turnovers (Ohio State had seven turnovers vs. the Gators).
· The start was Buford’s 100th donning the Scarlet and Gray.
· William Buford scored a game-high and season-high 21 points for the Buckeyes, improving his career total to 1,458, tying David Lighty (1,458) for 19th-place all-time in Ohio State career scoring.
· With one steal vs. Florida, Buford now has 100 for his career.
· Buford was 2-5 from behind the 3-point arc to improve his career 3-point field goals made to 156, which is third in Ohio State history.
· Sullinger had 16 points to lead the Buckeyes in scoring. It is the 37th time he has scored in double figures in his career.
· Craft had three steals. It is the 14th time in his career he has had at least that many.
· Craft had seven assists to push his career total to 187. It was the 10th time in his career he had had at least that many and 19th time he has had at least five.
· Craft had 13 points. It is the 10th time in his career he has scored in double figures.