Game Notes - No. 2 Ohio State 64 (8-0), Texas – Pan American 35 (2-7)
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
Dec. 3, 2011
· The win vs. UTPA was the 30th-consecutive victory at home for Ohio State, dating back to a 66-55 win over Michigan Feb. 27, 2010.
· Ohio State begins 8-0 for the second consecutive season.
· The Buckeyes move to 1-0 all-time vs. UTPA and improve to 5-0 all-time vs. members of the Great West Conference.
· As a ranked team, Ohio State is 403-108 overall and when ranked in the AP Top 10, the Buckeyes are 281-59.
· When ranked in the Top 3 of the Associated Press, Ohio State is 139-20.
· As the AP No. 2 ranked team in the nation, Ohio State improved to 36-8 overall.
· The win vs. UTPA was the 105th win vs. an unranked opponent at Value City Arena.
· The Buckeyes own a 111-2 record vs. unranked opponents at home since 2004-05.
· Ohio State has won 102 of its last 103 games against unranked teams in Columbus.
· Since the 2009-10 season, the Buckeyes are 45-1 at Value City Arena.
· Against non-conference opponents, Ohio State is 88-5 (.945) at Value City Arena and 150-23 overall.
· In their last 61 games, the Scarlet and Gray are 56-5.
· This is the 270th-consecutive game Ohio State has made at least one 3-point field goal (1/10/04 vs. Penn State was the last game with zero made).
· The Buckeyes played without sophomore forward Jared Sullinger, who sat out vs. the Broncs with back spasms. It was his first missed contest in 44 career games.
· Matta improved his career record to 300-88 overall and 198-57 at Ohio State.
· With the win, Ohio State is 44-6 in December under Coach Matta.
· Matta is now 1-0 vs. UTPA and 3-0 vs. members of the Great West Conference.
· Ohio State is now 131-23 (.849) overall at Value City Arena and 127-10 under Matta.
· Matta is now 165-20 overall vs. unranked opponents and 111-2 in Columbus.
· Matta is now 100-18 vs. non-conference teams in Columbus.
· Ohio State improves to 118-17 under Matta when grabbing more rebounds than its opponent. The Buckeyes out-rebounded UTPA 44-24.
· The Buckeyes are 166-20 under Matta when leading at the half.
· Ohio State is 183-5 under Matta when leading with five minutes to play.
· When shooting a better percentage than the opponent, Ohio State improves to 175-18 under Matta.
The Buckeyes improve to 167-45 when limiting themselves to under 15 total turnovers (Ohio State had eight turnovers vs. Texas-Pan American).
· The start was Buford’s 106th donning the Scarlet and Gray, passing Jim Smith for 10th most in OSU history.
· William Buford scored two points for the Buckeyes, improving his career total to 1,552. He is 14 behind Terrence Dials (1,566) for 12th place in Ohio State career scoring.
· Buford had five rebounds to push his career total to 507. He is one of 16 former Buckeyes in the prestigious 1,500 point and 500 rebound club.
· Thomas had 11 points. It is the 18th time in his career he has scored in double figures.
· It is also the seventh-consecutive game Thomas has scored in double figures.
· Ravenel made his first career start for the Buckeyes vs. UTPA.
· Ravenel had a career high in points (11) and tied a career high in rebounds (7).
Season Stats year to Date
Dr. Thad Expects Sullinger Back for Kansas
First Thoughts Following the Win over UT-Pan American