Game Notes from 85-50 Win Over North Florida
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Buckeyes started slow but poured it on late in their 85-50 win over North Florida Monday night.
Sophomore Jared Sullinger led the way with 27 points and 13 rebounds while Deshaun Thomas added 16 and six. The Buckeyes struggled from behind the arc, and at the free throw line, but they dominated the game on the boards and in the paint.
Here are the notes from their fourth victory of the season.
- This was the first ever meeting between Ohio State and North Florida. The Buckeyes improve to 12-0 all-time vs. members of the Atlantic Sun Conference.
- The win was the 26th-consecutive victory at home for Ohio State, dating back to a 66-55 win over Michigan Feb. 27, 2010. It’s the fourth-longest streak in Buckeye history.
- Ohio State has won 99 of its last 100 games against unranked teams in Columbus.
- The Buckeyes own a 108-2 record vs. unranked opponents at home since 2004-05.
- The Buckeyes improve to 164-45 when limiting themselves to under 15 total turnovers (Ohio State had 11 turnovers vs. the Ospreys).
- In their last 57 games, the Scarlet and Gray are 52-5.
Notes on Thad Matta
- Matta is now 1-0 vs. North Florida and 8-0 vs. members of the Atlantic Sun.
- With the win, Ohio State is 36-5 in November under Coach Matta.
- Matta improved his career record to 296-88 overall and 194-57 at Ohio State.
- Ohio State improves to 114-17 under Matta when grabbing more rebounds than its opponent. The Buckeyes outrebounded North Florida 44-31.
- Jared Sullinger had 27 points for the Buckeyes. It is the 38th time he has scored in double figures in his career and 12th time he has scored at least 20 in a game.
- With 27 points and 13 rebounds, Sullinger earned his 20th career double-double.
- Sullinger had 13 rebounds. He now has 416 as a Buckeye.
- William Buford scored 13 points for the Buckeyes, improving his career total to 1,482. He is four points behind Jerry Francis (1,486) for 17th-place all-time in Ohio State career scoring.
- Aaron Craft had three steals. It is the 15th time in his career he has had at least three in a game. It is also the fifth-consecutive game with at least three steals. He has 88 for his career.
- Craft had three assists to push his career total to 194.
- Lenzelle Smith, Jr.’s five assists were a career high. He also had a career-high three steals.
- Shannon Scott’s five points were a career-high.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.