Two-Minute Drill: Matta, Players Preview Indiana
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Both Ohio State and Indiana will be coming off tough losses on Sunday when they meet in Columbus. The Buckeyes dropped an overtime thriller at No. 3-ranked Michigan on Tuesday night and the No. 1-ranked Hoosiers fell 74-72 at Illinois on Thursday night.
Here is a breakdown of what OSU head coach Thad Matta had to say on Friday, along with comments from both Deshaun Thomas and Amir Williams.
* Matta said he watched the Indiana-Illinois game Thursday night. Said it just shows how the Big Ten is this year.
* Deshaun Thomas said it's going to be fun going against some of the defensive guys on Indiana.
* Matta said he hopes Amir Williams is ready for Cody Zeller, but you can't guard a guy like that with one player.
* Amir said Zeller is one of best in college basketball at running the floor. "I have to get back in transition because he's running for dunks."
On Amir and Q….
* Matta on LaQuinton Ross and Amir Williams: "They played better Tuesday night, now can they do it again and again."
* Deshaun said there has been no setback for LaQuinton Ross in practice this week. No one is asking "where is Q?" He's in ever drill.
* Matta confirmed what Deshaun said about Q having a great practice again today.
* Amir Williams: "This past game at Michigan I played harder than I've ever played before. That's going to continue throughout B1G play."
Getting Deshaun Some Rest…
* Matta said he thought the shots they got in overtime were OK. They were trying to get something for Deshaun, but Michigan knew that too.
* Matta said he would like to see Thomas move a little more to get himself open late in games, but he played 45 minutes Tues. night.
* Matta said they have already had discussions about getting Deshaun more rest early in the game so he can move around more at the end.
* Matta said the way LaQuinton Ross played at Michigan gives him more faith he can get Deshaun a rest earlier in the game.
* Matta said Deshaun has asked to come out of games before when he needs a break, but he seemed OK on Tuesday night in Ann Arbor.
* Deshaun said they need to do the extra things to finish a game. Sometimes they get complacent at the end.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.