Two-Minute Drill: Buckeyes Ready for Indiana
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — The last time Ohio State and Indiana met on the hardwood, it was all Hoosiers.
The Buckeyes had no answer for Victor Oladipo, who scored a career-high 26 points in an 81-68 win in Columbus. Now Ohio State will head to Bloomington on Tuesday night (9 p.m. ET, ESPN) with a chance to ruin Indiana’s bid for an outright Big Ten championship.
It would be their first outright conference title at IU since the early 1990s.
Here’s a look at what OSU head coach Thad Matta and his two stars, Deshaun Thomas and Aaron Craft, had to say on Monday as they prepare for the big showdown.
* Thomas said Assembly Hall in Bloomington is the second-loudest arena he has played in. Allen Fieldhouse in Kansas is first.
* Matta said the game at Purdue a few years ago was the loudest game he can remember. Said his ears were actually hurting.
* Thomas said Indiana was down a little bit when he was coming out of high school. "They weren't as high-powered as they are now."
* Craft on Tuesday night: "We’re playing for something we probably didn’t think we’d playing for a month ago."
* Craft: "They're not the only ones playing for something tomorrow. We're playing for something too."
* Craft on whether he likes the idea of playing spoiler against Indiana: "I prefer the other side."
* Thomas: "We were in the same position last year with a three-way tie. We can do it again this year."
* Craft on coach Matta: "We've had some ups and we've had some downs this year but it's been great to go on the ride together."
* Craft said Matta has had to tinker with a lot of things this year, like whether to watch film before or after practice.
* Matta said any time you lose great players from a team the next year is challenging. New roles and new style of play.
* Craft said the Buckeyes went "a little solo" on defense at times this year. Have a better awareness now of each other.
* Thomas admitted he's been a little down about his offensive game lately but there are other ways to impact the game. Said he has been rushing his shot too much lately.
Time for More Hijinx? – By Jeff Rapp
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.