Staff Predicitons - Penn State

Advertisements





 

Click here to return to the front page.
Established October 31, 1996
Front Page Columns and Features
Last updated: 01/29/2014 5:13 AM
Advertisements
Share |

Men's Baskeball
Staff Picks: OSU vs. Penn State
By the-Ozone Staff

The Buckeyes have had five days off since they ended their four-game slide and have had time to continue working. The Nittany Lions have one Big Ten win, but have been competitive in several of their losses. Ohio State has dominated this series of late, winning 18 straight. Unless there have been major improvements, Penn State will likely hang in the game with OSU, but not enough to get the win in Columbus. Ohio State 65 Penn State 57— Patrick Murphy (2-3)

I expect the Buckeyes to come out on Wednesday and look pretty good, and only 85 percent of that reason is because they will be playing Penn State, who is currently last in the Big Ten. The other 15 percent I will chalk up to OSU playing at home and having nearly a week off to stew in the juices of wanting to build on their one-game winning streak. Ohio State 70, Penn State 53 — Tony Gerdeman (2-3)

Penn State would have a chance if it were two-on-two and make it, take it. As it is, the Nittany Lions don't stand much of one. Ohio State 74, Penn State 66 — Rob Ogden (2-3)

The Nittany Lions are dead last in the Big Ten standings, but even that doesn't guarantee a victory for the Buckeyes in this one. Penn State got its first conference win of the season on Thursday against Nebraska after six-straight losses to start the year. Simply put, Ohio State should be the better team, and they're playing at home. Buckeyes badly need a win before trips to Wisconsin and Iowa. Ohio State 70, Penn State 62— Brandon Castel (1-3)

It’s Penn State. Enough said. They used to be a football school, but now they’re a wrestling school. Neither of those sports involves a round ball, hoop, or net. They’ll show up, try real hard,  take their expected beating, and go home. Ohio State 68, Penn State 60— John Porentas (1-4)

Donate by Check :

Ozone Communications
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio
43212

Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.

Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.

(c) 2014 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.

Click here to return to the front page.
Front Page Columns and Features