Julian Fleming, a 5-star wide receiver from Catawissa, Penn., just named the finalists for his commitment and Ohio State made the cut.
Fleming tweeted out the news Saturday evening. He has received offers from virtually every major program in the country, but the race for his services is now down to a half-dozen finalists.
In addition to the Buckeyes, Fleming is also considering Clemson, Penn State, Alabama, Georgia, and Oregon.
Fleming is ranked as the top wide receiver in the 2020 class, and the No. 5 player overall.
OSU is considered a legitimate threat to land the 6-foot-3, 210 lb. Fleming. He visited Columbus three times in six months during 2018, including trips for the Nebraska and Michigan games.
Right now, Penn State is the favorite on his Crystal Ball, with 82 percent of the picks. Ohio State holds the other 18 percent, including the two most recent selections.
Fleming is just one of a handful of five-star 2020 receivers seriously considering the Buckeyes.
The No. 2 player at the position, Johnny Wilson, has OSU in his top-5.
The third-ranked receiver, Rakim Jarrett, has the Buckeyes right at the top of his list.
The No. 4 wideout, Marcus Rosemy, has named Ohio State among his favorites.
And the fifth-ranked player at the position, Demond Demas, has said he plans to make an official visit to Columbus this fall, even though he’s committed to Texas A&M.
Ryan Day and his staff won’t land all of those players, of course. Even if they could, they won’t have enough scholarships to go around.
But bringing in another couple of top-level receivers in addition to the pair they already have committed would be a home run. And the Buckeyes look like they’re going to get several chances to swing for the fences before Early Signing Day in December.
Thank you✌🏽 pic.twitter.com/EhUsBaXuzv
— 🃏0J4🃏 (@julian_040) February 17, 2019