Notifications
Clear all

Buckeye Leaves and Peeves From Ohio State's 51-10 Win Over Indiana  

RSS

The-Ozone Staff
(@the-ozone-staff)
Eminent Member
September 15, 2019 10:56 pm  

There is good and bad in every game. Some games have more good than bad, and some games have more bad than good. And some games begins with a missed field goal and that's about the last bad thing that happens for that team. This feature is about acknowledging both the bad and good, or whichever stood out to us most. Borrowing from Ohio State’s practice...

This topic was modified 7 months ago by Tom Orr

JP Robb
 JP Robb
(@JP Robb)
September 16, 2019 1:30 am  

Thanks for the peeve Michael. It needed to be said.

ReplyQuote
Ridgebeam
(@ridgebeam)
September 16, 2019 8:41 am  

My peeve is that supposed reputatable sports writers, who never see practice, think they know more about who should play than 2 sets of D coaches. Oh right, coaches play popular players because they are interested, not in winning, but in riling up the fan base...Stupid take, Michael.

ReplyQuote
S Andrew Alexander
 S Andrew Alexander
(@S Andrew Alexander)
September 16, 2019 9:46 am  

You're both wrong. The season will show it.

ReplyQuote
Buckeye All-star
 Buckeye All-star
(@Buckeye All-star)
September 16, 2019 11:12 am  

No peeves here. The Buckeyes easily handled a nominal Indiana team as it should be and they are looking solid and balanced in every facet. A big Buckeye leaf for Chase Young. I'm naming him MVP right now. Fields did great and deserves a leaf too. He looks pretty good so far. The schedule has been especially kind to a new QB. My only peeve is that we play Miami U. next and that should have been the second game. It's going to be an exercise in breaking records against another weak team that needs the cash. Boring and meaningless. That will change soon enough. No Buckeye leaves for the Big Ten's weak showing so far. Buckeye leaves for the coaches though. They seem to have a clue unlike last year.

ReplyQuote

atlbuck
 atlbuck
(@atlbuck)
September 16, 2019 11:18 am  

A post-game leaf for Justin Fields who recognized that he did not have a good game passing, said so publicly and said that he will work hard to get better. That is the sign of a mature, level-headed team leader.

ReplyQuote
JP Robb
 JP Robb
(@JP Robb)
September 16, 2019 7:33 pm  

I hope I do get proved wrong. And, indeed, the season will show it.

ReplyQuote
JP Robb
 JP Robb
(@JP Robb)
September 16, 2019 7:35 pm  

You don't have to watch practices. Look at the game film. And if you think that coaches at all levels don't show favoritism to certain players then you are naïve.

ReplyQuote