Notifications
Clear all

Buckeye Leaves and Peeves from Ohio State's 52-3 Win at Northwestern  

RSS

Tony Gerdeman
(@tony-gerdeman)
Noble Member Admin
October 20, 2019 5:44 pm  

There is good and bad in every game. Some games have more good than bad, and some games have more bad than good. And some games go from a touch of a struggle in the first quarter to a TKO by the second. (Yes, this describes most of Ohio State’s games this season.) This feature is about acknowledging both the bad and good, or whichever...

Hank
 Hank
(@Hank)
October 20, 2019 6:31 pm  

Tom Orr how can you say NPF held his own when they had to bring in an injured player to replace him?

ReplyQuote
James A. Mills
 James A. Mills
(@James A. Mills)
October 20, 2019 7:14 pm  

No Buckeye leaves for the defense. Sorry guys! Even though they played a good game, they let a useless offense cross midfield WAY too often, and a far below average QB snooker them far too often.

Offense leaf to JK Dobbins. He kept his nose to the grindstone and just kept hammering. A guy like that is a big play coming at some point.

2 Buckeye leaves for ST. Blake Haubeil and Drue Chrisman. No explanation necessary.

2 peeves. Rush defense and the idiotic moron who would schedule a damned football game on Friday night. We can maybe live with the teams choice of alternate uniforms, but Friday night games are just STOOOOOPID and utterly unnecessary.

ReplyQuote
S Andrew Alexander
 S Andrew Alexander
(@S Andrew Alexander)
October 20, 2019 9:10 pm  

Hank,
Because it wasn't a swiss cheese defense they were playing? As bad as NW's offense has been, their defense has been very good this year.

ReplyQuote
S Andrew Alexander
 S Andrew Alexander
(@S Andrew Alexander)
October 20, 2019 9:14 pm  

I'm not so worried about the defense as James because this staff has earned a pass and despite the lapses noted they still held a team to 3 points and under 200 total yards so we, as Buckeye fans, are pretty spoiled when not a leaf can be spared for that!
Leaf goes to the entire coaching staff for having the team locked and loaded with what SHOULD have been a battle of unbeatens looming next week.
Peeve goes to the 2 minute offense as I'm continually puzzled at their choice of plays for down, distance, and field position.

ReplyQuote

James Matuszak
 James Matuszak
(@James Matuszak)
October 20, 2019 10:36 pm  

That game against Northwestern was Ohio State's first Friday night game in 60 years. I hope the next Friday night game for the Buckeyes comes 60 years from now. Buckeye football is meant to be played only on Saturdays, unless it's a post-season bowl or playoff game.

ReplyQuote
James A. Mills
 James A. Mills
(@James A. Mills)
October 21, 2019 2:38 am  

I'm not really concerned about the defense. I just don't think any of them, unless it "could" have been Malik Harrison, earned a Buckeye leaf Satur........I mean Friday night. Maybe they were just resting or something, but, they didn't look like the same violent attacking group that has been playing. Maybe they can get a "team" leaf for the win, but there wasn't any really outstanding plays that I've seen in the 3 times I've watched it now. Maybe it was coming off the bye week or something?

ReplyQuote
Thojenningsolv
 Thojenningsolv
(@Thojenningsolv)
October 21, 2019 7:39 am  

Peeve..the coaching staff for somehow forgetting that Brendon White is a really good football player - if there was a game that called for the “Bullet” then this was it sans Browning. I’ll give a leaf to Wade - consistently in the back pocket of receivers - I think he got beat on a quick slant (the ball was dropped) otherwise he balled out. A leaf to Justin Fields for coming back pretty quick after the family jewels collision - that’s toughness - and for playing like a Vet - and to Ryan Day - it’s great to see a diversified offense every week. Go Bucks!

ReplyQuote
Buck68
 Buck68
(@Buck68)
October 21, 2019 7:50 am  

#73 LG Jordan - LEAF! For the 2nd game of 7, our OL holding 'leader'... did not get called for holding. Keep up the good work.

ReplyQuote
JP Robb
 JP Robb
(@JP Robb)
October 21, 2019 2:20 pm  

Good call. He's been playing great. Glad to see him clean up his game too.

ReplyQuote
Wee
 Wee
(@Wee)
October 21, 2019 8:43 pm  

The defense seems to have corrected some deficiencies in passing defense from the MSU game or at least appeared to. However, they found other issues in run defense. Hopefully, it will be a timely discovery and they correct it. The gaps between our DL'men was huge early on and if one of them is blocked, there is a big lane. They got tighter later and stopped it.

ReplyQuote