Notifications

Buckeyes Reigned and Poured It On In 38-7 Blowout of Badgers  

RSS

Tony Gerdeman
(@tony-gerdeman)
Noble Member Admin
October 26, 2019 5:01 pm  
wpf-cross-image

COLUMBUS — It was billed as a battle between the Big Ten's top two running backs, but when the puddles finally settled from an all-day rain, it was Buckeye junior JK Dobbins who stood tallest. Dobbins rushed for 163 yards on 20 carries with a pair of touchdowns in #3 Ohio State's 38-7 win over the #13 Wisconsin Badgers (6-2, 3-2).

This topic was modified 4 months ago by Tony Gerdeman

atlbuck
 atlbuck
(@atlbuck)
October 26, 2019 5:06 pm  

Fields fights through back injury, Dobbins outshines Taylor and Young dominates.
Rest of the offense and defense also played their best game of the year. A little concerned in the first quarter, but really fun for the rest of the game. Even a long run in the return game. Bye week should help heal injuries. Ryan Day for BIG Coach of the Year.

ReplyQuote
tom rossetti
 tom rossetti
(@tom rossetti)
October 26, 2019 5:38 pm  

Got to be a lot of Buckeye haters in the midst of major self medication. I wish them all the best. Show me the fools who would put real money on any team to beat the Buckeyes this year. Ohio State is dominant like few college teams in history. Wisconsin just destroyed Michigan just a few short weeks ago. In the 3rd. quarter of today's game Wisconsin looked spent, beat, utterly gassed, as any team I can remember. Very few teams in any sport offer up the kind of victories that this Ohio State team is doing consistently. Total knockout wins! The losing coaches appear to be listening to birds singing.

ReplyQuote
S Andrew Alexander
 S Andrew Alexander
(@S Andrew Alexander)
October 26, 2019 6:04 pm  

I've been watching Buckeye football (and a lot of other colleges and pros) for some 50 years and I don't ever remember a single player doing what Chase Young just did. I've seen plenty of big-time defenses turn in sterling performances against good-to-elite teams but I don't recall a single defensive player changing a game the way Young did today. Four sacks alone is very good against a quality opponent. Now add in the 2 strip-sacks and you get to rarified air for a performance at any level. Now add in how he affected both Wisconsin's passing game (living in Jack Coen's head, busting a screen intended to slow him down) and the run game and there's just not adequate words to describe the performance. The kid won't win the Hypesman Trophy, but if the award really went to the most valuable player and not "offensive player/QB/RB" it would be a runaway like Buckeye scores have been this year.

ReplyQuote
Hank
 Hank
(@Hank)
October 26, 2019 7:33 pm  

Andrew that is a great post, I agree 100%

ReplyQuote

Longtime Fan
 Longtime Fan
(@Longtime Fan)
October 26, 2019 8:52 pm  

Hi Andrew- fickle voters and fate may be helping Young's cause (or even JKs). Oklahoma's loss hurts Hurts (yep), the Clemson QB was exposed, the Ala QB is hurt, and JK just boatraced Taylor. It's unlikely for Young but he CLEARLY is one of the best 3.

ReplyQuote
Longtime Fan
 Longtime Fan
(@Longtime Fan)
October 26, 2019 8:59 pm  

Atlbuck- great point about healing. You must not have gotten the memo on BIG Coach of the Year, though- I'm sure Ferentz will win after another sterling 7-5 record 🙂

ReplyQuote
BUCKS1962
 BUCKS1962
(@BUCKS1962)
October 26, 2019 11:42 pm  

What really added to the enjoyment of this game was the quick pace in which the game moved. Just a few penalties and no long in game review of plays.
Go Bucks total domination,

ReplyQuote
Kevin Ludwig
 Kevin Ludwig
(@Kevin Ludwig)
October 27, 2019 8:38 am  

I just have two questions -
1. Do we get a double shot of Wisky or do we roast Gophers for the B10 Championship game
2. Could we possibly have Young, Dobbins and Fields on the Heisman stage? (no too many brains would blow up in the SUC)

ReplyQuote