Notifications

Expanded Wi-Fi Set to Kick Off at Ohio Stadium  

RSS

The-Ozone Staff
(@the-ozone-staff)
Eminent Member
August 21, 2019 11:52 am  
wpf-cross-image

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Texting with friends and family and posting on social media inside Ohio Stadium is about to become a reality for more than 100,000 fans. The project to improve high density wireless connectivity is expected to be completed in time for the season opening game Aug. 31 against Florida Atlantic. “The contractors working on...

This topic was modified 6 months ago by Tony Gerdeman

Longtime Fan
 Longtime Fan
(@Longtime Fan)
August 21, 2019 1:32 pm  

"Old guy" (I'm not actually old) taking the old guy position. Here's yet another opportunity to distract patrons from the actual game and quiet the stadium even more. Sad.

ReplyQuote
don
 don
(@don)
August 21, 2019 3:49 pm  

This is good. We live in the 21st century. Wifi is needed in the stadium. There are times when I take pictures at the game and can't send and receive texts because my phone can't get a signal. I also like to check the status of other football games while I am watching the buckeyes.

ReplyQuote
Longtime Fan
 Longtime Fan
(@Longtime Fan)
August 21, 2019 5:16 pm  

Don- thanks for illustrating my point!

ReplyQuote
Jim Short
 Jim Short
(@Jim Short)
August 21, 2019 7:04 pm  

It's only distracting those who want to be distracted. With your lame brain reasoning concessions, birds, airplanes, cheerleaders, video monitors and mascots are all distractions. In other words....what in God's name are you talking about?

ReplyQuote

Longtime Fan
 Longtime Fan
(@Longtime Fan)
August 21, 2019 7:58 pm  

Gym Shorts- you're entering intellectual combat without a weapon, partner. You see, cheerleaders, video monitors, mascots, etc are all part of the GAME experience. Facebook posts, videos about amusing cats, and family members pestering you to remember to bring home dinner are NOT. That's the kind of crap that you put on hold while you watch something near and dear to you. With me so far, Gym? Good...
Now, a little advanced thought (I'm going to lose you here). It used to be fun to go to a game and just watch the GAME- without paying "tiered" prices, without dealing with TV network people dictating time outs rather than the officials, etc. People who can't wait 3 freaking hours to send pictures (!) might just be part of the problem rather than the solution, right? I know the WiFi is her, I know it's the 21st century, all that nonsense. I also know it's fluff. It will be GREAT listening to Joe Fan crank his phone volume up as high as it can go, so he can hear "Baby Shark" during a time out!

ReplyQuote
jim shorts
 jim shorts
(@jim shorts)
August 22, 2019 10:18 am  

You're priceless and definitely a handful to battle against. Here is how I will handle the controversial wi-fi situation. I will be focused on the game and the atmosphere and if for some reason I need wi-fi for something very important I will be thankful it's there and take advantage of it. You see, people who allow themselves to be distracted are probably looking for a distraction. I am not sure what there really is to comment about regarding such an innocuous article and topic....unless of course YOU are a mental midget.

ReplyQuote
Longtime Fan
 Longtime Fan
(@Longtime Fan)
August 22, 2019 1:42 pm  

Gym- YOU are the one who jumped at me. If you "need" wifi for something very important, you'll be on a very short list. None of it is important- that's the point. Finally, you are commenting a LOT for a person who finds the topic trivial. Pretty sure you just like digging at me, yes?

ReplyQuote
jim shorts
 jim shorts
(@jim shorts)
August 22, 2019 1:53 pm  

That was a very civil reply. You've definitely staggered me into the ropes. I don't "comment a lot" and the topic is trivial. To be honest, I feel foolish typing this reply as I do with most of my replies. My corner is throwing in the towel.

ReplyQuote