Notifications

The-Ozone Rewind: Ezekiel Elliott Reacts to MSU Loss, 2015  

RSS

The-Ozone Staff
(@the-ozone-staff)
Eminent Member
June 20, 2019 10:27 am  
wpf-cross-image

November 21, 2015 | It's been a while since we've talked about painful Ohio State losses to Michigan State here, so today feels like a good time to revisit the 2015 loss to the Spartans. This particularly story was written by our old pal Pat Murphy and concerns Ezekiel Elliott's comments after the game about him not getting enough carries and...

This topic was modified 8 months ago by Tony Gerdeman

Norm Head
 Norm Head
(@Norm Head)
June 20, 2019 3:38 pm  

Sorry, this is still much to painful to revisit. As time goes on, the stink of this game doesn't get any better. Memories of J.T Barret getting stuffed again and again, and having his number called again and again. It has to be the absolute low point of Meyers coaching career.

I remember watching, and thinking "What is going on with the play calling?" Some old memories shouldn't be disturbed.

One National Championship in the Urban Meyer era, thanks to Cardale Jones, who as far as I know Urban Meyer hasn't said a kind word about to this day.

ReplyQuote
Rick
 Rick
(@Rick)
June 20, 2019 8:42 pm  

"A really good skill set, intellectual, very smart, wasn’t necessarily very good at school," Meyer told Ohio.com. "I wonder if that kind of set him back a little bit. That’s one difference between pro and college -- now he doesn’t have to worry about classes and going to school and all that stuff. He can focus completely on football."

IDK, seems like a few good words there.

ReplyQuote
charlie
 charlie
(@charlie)
June 21, 2019 10:07 am  

I don't get it. I never understood the love affair and the 100% blind loyalty that Meyer had for certain players and coaches, especially for JT Barrett.

ReplyQuote