Share:

Indiana Defense Expects to Take Advantage of Ohio State's Offense  

RSS

Tony Gerdeman
(@tony-gerdeman)
Noble Member Admin
September 11, 2019 12:07 pm  
wpf-cross-image

The Ohio State offense has not gotten off to the same start it did a year ago when the Buckeyes were averaging 64.5 points and 650 yards of total offense after the first two games. But that doesn't mean things are on the downswing. Ohio State is currently averaging 43.5 points per game and 488.5 yards of total offense. They have the most balanced offense...

This topic was modified 3 days ago by Tony Gerdeman

The height of confidence is standing up in a hammock.

Buck68
 Buck68
(@Buck68)
September 11, 2019 12:28 pm  

agree risk/reward calculations should be situational & matchup, not which stats we or our opponent likes or cites...

helpful focus in this article for a 'student of the game'.

ReplyQuote
Tim
 Tim
(@Tim)
September 11, 2019 1:33 pm  

He has a lot of confidence for a 32-year old DC. He'll learn on Saturday that he's not playing Ball St. or Eastern Illinois.

ReplyQuote
Kurt Mews
 Kurt Mews
(@Kurt Mews)
September 11, 2019 3:38 pm  

It's never wise to give Bulletin Board material to a 16 point favorite that is much more talented than you are. And even though you are home, many expect more OSU fans than Hoosier Fans.

ReplyQuote
Ben Testa
 Ben Testa
(@Ben Testa)
September 11, 2019 4:21 pm  

Wow! If I were the D-coordinator of a team that decidedly has , on paper at least, less talent than my next opponent, I wouldn't say anything, and just prepare the D the best I know how. Not a good idea to motivate the opponent and more than they will already be. I would think this will be a learning experience that he needed to take advantage of the one thing his D may have in their favor: the Buckeyes may be taking the Hoosiers too lightly, hence letting the "sleeping dogs lie." This type of spouting off will not help their cause.

ReplyQuote

Buck68
 Buck68
(@Buck68)
September 11, 2019 7:26 pm  

9/11 Perspective:

Expect extremists who are offensively for themselves by any means, to use all means and laws against American legal defenses and universal morals such as honesty. It's a continuing competition of values, ideas, and pragmatism for all that Americans are obligated and free to further... not fairness or agreement or domination.

But... NEVER...

Elect a violent or deceptive extremist to an umpire position to enforce the rules... any more than you would empower the prosecutor to represent the defendant in a trial.

ReplyQuote
Buckeye
 Buckeye
(@Buckeye)
September 11, 2019 8:44 pm  

All the Indiana message boards have them shocking the world, and beating Ohio State. Pretty bold for a program that hasn't beaten Ohio State since 1988 as well as only twice total since 1951. Time to shut up the IU Hoosiers once and for all. Prediction: Ohio State 63 IU 14 Final

ReplyQuote
thojenningsolv
 thojenningsolv
(@thojenningsolv)
September 11, 2019 10:44 pm  

So, Indiana's 32 year old D-Coordinator is that much better than Luke Fickell's D? The same D that beat a Power 5 opponent (not that UCLA are world beaters but they still have more talent than Eastern Illinois) and the same guy who won a Natty as the D-coordinator for the* Ohio State University Buckeyes? I'll take that challenge any Day. Bring on the stockings! *not trademarked

ReplyQuote
Buckeyedad
 Buckeyedad
(@Buckeyedad)
September 11, 2019 11:10 pm  

Tony, Just out of curiosity, is it correct to assume that really great teams’ O and D coordinators help each other identify their own tendencies and weaknesses in order to prepare for and anticipate the opposing teams game plans? Would arrogance for the lack of or inefficiency of this process be one of the reasons OSU has lost unexpected games the past two years? Is there reason to hope that Day’s staff will prepare differently to avoid this? Go Bucks!

ReplyQuote
Tony Gerdeman
(@tony-gerdeman)
Noble Member Admin
September 11, 2019 11:45 pm  

Buckeyedad -- Yep, and with so many staffers now, they are tasked with self-scouting. But that's also tough during game weeks. It usually gets done during an open week. With two open weeks this year, there will be more self scouting this year.

The height of confidence is standing up in a hammock.

ReplyQuote