Share:

Justin Fields' Accuracy Has Been Underpromised and Overdelivered  

RSS

Tony Gerdeman
(@tony-gerdeman)
Noble Member Admin
September 9, 2019 10:48 am  
wpf-cross-image

"Don't expect to see Dwayne Haskins-like accuracy from Justin Fields this season because it's just not realistic." Those are my words, paraphrased, which I have used repeatedly to caution Ohio State fans from heaping unrealistic expectations on Justin Fields' ability to fit footballs into tight windows like Dwayne Haskins could. Haskins, as I would tell people, is...

This topic was modified 5 days ago by Tom Orr

The height of confidence is standing up in a hammock.

Kurt Mews
 Kurt Mews
(@Kurt Mews)
September 9, 2019 1:04 pm  

Cool facts! As stated earlier, his accuracy with short and intermediate passes will open up the entire O and that is unfolding before our eyes. One unheralded reality is Field's leadership in the early parts of the game to force runs and gain first downs evidenced on OSU's 1st TD. After the 2nd TD, the O seemed to crack the D wide open. We can even see small steps of improvement, with OSU up 7-0 and with OSU driving, Fields appeared to slide early, in doing so it was 2nd and 1, and OSU was unable to convert and gave up that possessions on downs, that was the last time on any meaningful run that he slid short, and believe that might be the last time we see him to that. as he continues to mature.

ReplyQuote
tom rossetti
 tom rossetti
(@tom rossetti)
September 9, 2019 1:43 pm  

Ryan Day has quickly established himself as the leading offensive coach of gifted quarterback talent since Paul Brown, or forever! Wow! I am so impressed at the schemes and the mix and timing of the calls. I get that both Haskins and Fields are almost freaks of nature, but got to direct a lot of the credit to Day as a tutor. What an era! The 2019 Buckeyes are headed for greatness. This is a solid team, a complete team. Less smoke and mirrors. Line blocking, defensive dominance and true pace. A team the band can be proud of!

ReplyQuote
wee
 wee
(@wee)
September 9, 2019 3:55 pm  

waiting to see bombs on the sideline and also deep middle of the field throws over LBers and Safeties a la 12 gage in a zone defense scheme. He did much better this week on passes to either side and led his receivers. Need to see him become automatic on crossing routes. I wish our offense did more screens too that we could use on third and longs. I would to see his touch on those. he is doing great though. I think they doing him a great favor to let him interview so often to build character. he will be a great speaker by the time he graduated.

ReplyQuote
Tom Hadly
 Tom Hadly
(@Tom Hadly)
September 9, 2019 5:14 pm  

Dude is as advertised and the play calling is much improved. Next year Justin could break all of Haskins' records. Hyperbole alert!

ReplyQuote

Edward
 Edward
(@Edward)
September 10, 2019 5:45 am  

Justin Fields has surpassed my expectations big time.Thought he would struggle more early in the schedule.I trust the staff will have them ready for IU,despite recent history many Buckeye fans seem to be sleeping on IU.Buckle up folks, we could see Day and Fields perform when things get tough sooner than we think.

ReplyQuote