Notifications

Justin Hilliard's Second Career Start A Memorable One  

RSS

Tony Gerdeman
(@tony-gerdeman)
Noble Member Admin
October 28, 2019 1:17 pm  
wpf-cross-image

Justin Hilliard was carted off of the Ohio State practice field on Saturday, March 23rd. The fifth-year senior Buckeye linebacker had injured his Achilles tendon, and as Hilliard hung his head following his latest setback, it was clear the injury was significant. In less than six months, however, he was back on the football field for the Buckeyes.

This topic was modified 4 months ago by Tony Gerdeman

Horvath 22
 Horvath 22
(@Horvath 22)
October 28, 2019 1:57 pm  

Tony, would Justin be eligible for a 6th year medical redshirt, or whatever they call it ? I know they have to wait until the season is over, and then apply. I don't know if it is a Big Ten matter, or NCAA ? I sure hope he could get. He certainly deserves it, not to mention what it would do for our linebacker corp.

ReplyQuote
James A. Mills
 James A. Mills
(@James A. Mills)
October 28, 2019 2:34 pm  

FANTASTIC play by Justin. His situation is much like that of Johnnie Dixon's career. He's a name that will drive a lot of memories in Buckeye Nation based on his heart and refusal to give up. When I was finally able to watch the replay of the game I was excited seeing Justin take the field. At first it was a surprise, then it was more like a father watching his son get to finally really do what he had worked so hard for his entire life. NOW we not only have and inspirational story to celebrate with Justin, but celebrate him on the field making plays against the best competition.

GREAT JOB Justin.........Buckeye for life.

ReplyQuote
Tony Gerdeman
(@tony-gerdeman)
Noble Member Admin
October 28, 2019 3:14 pm  

Horvath -- I believe he would be. You need to lose two years to injuries, which he did. Does he want to come back? Is there a plan for him?

ReplyQuote
Hank
 Hank
(@Hank)
October 28, 2019 6:57 pm  

Im very happy for him, he doesnt give up.

ReplyQuote

Kevin
 Kevin
(@Kevin)
October 29, 2019 4:01 pm  

Seeing Justin contribute on the field against tough competition during meaningful time was special for us fans. Hopefully he gets a 6th year (if he wants it) and stays healthy. Look forward to seeing him get more playing time and getting better at his skill

ReplyQuote
Voisa Reason
 Voisa Reason
(@Voisa Reason)
October 30, 2019 8:10 am  

Years ago I ruptured my Achilles while sparring and was in a cast for three months. Once the cast came off and I got back into my sport it was VERY difficult as so many muscles have atrophied. To be playing at this level so quickly is a tribute to Justin, to his rehab and conditioning trainers, to his teammates who supported him - especially Tuf who has been there, done that and endured the carping comments from armchair athletes. All I can say is "boys go get your self a bigass, sparkly, jewel encrusted NATIONAL CAHMPIONSHIP RING" When you hold that ring and look back on this when you are older and reflect on the hardships you overcame that ring will mean so much more!
O - H !!!

ReplyQuote