Forum

How Many Defensive ...

Share:

How Many Defensive Packages Are Too Many For Buckeyes?  

RSS

Tony Gerdeman
(@tony-gerdeman)
Noble Member Admin
July 11, 2019 10:58 am  
wpf-cross-image

Every defense is made of separate defenses. You know base, nickel, dime, goal line, and packages like that, but every defense also has other bells and whistles that they rely on. The question of just how many packages is the right number can be different for every team. It's a matter of personnel, time, teaching, and necessity. There is no ideal...

This topic was modified 3 months ago by Tom Orr

The height of confidence is standing up in a hammock.

Voisa Reason
 Voisa Reason
(@Voisa Reason)
July 12, 2019 7:48 am  

My pre-season prediction is that we have a top 10 defense in 2019. My hope is that it is top 5. That's nationally not just the B1G. We have a lot of talent. I hope the frustration of last year(s) and the anger of having to listen to the social media and sportswriters put downs turns these guys into a pack of wolves, blowing snot bubbles on every down, and looking for someone to light up and extract some raw meat to feed the thirst for blood. No dialing back in the second half, no mercy. When the game is out of reach and the 2nd/3rd team comes in for clean up they are there to make a case for their 1st string aspirations. No let up, no mercy no relaxation until another one bites the dust. If a 3rd down is converted, it needs to be taken personally and owned by the unit or individual that let loose of the noose.

If that can be coached we can be the top 1 defense. I would love to hold up my finger signifying that we are number 1. I'll leave it up to you to figure out which finger I am holding up. Three guesses and the first two don't count!

ReplyQuote