Ranking Ohio State’...

Share:

Ranking Ohio State’s Playmakers on Defense: No. 7 -- Damon Arnette  

RSS

Tony Gerdeman
(@tony-gerdeman)
Noble Member Admin
08/07/2019 11:50 am  

The No. 7 player on this list is now in his third year of starting at cornerback for the Buckeyes, but this will be the first year that he isn't rotating with two other starters. Five years ago today, Damon Arnette committed to South Carolina. A 3-star prospect, Arnette was still looking around leading up to the 2015 signing day. That January, he took official visits...

This topic was modified 1 week ago 2 times by Tony Gerdeman

The height of confidence is standing up in a hammock.

Christopher Perry
 Christopher Perry
(@Christopher Perry)
08/07/2019 1:05 pm  

Given his size and playing style I really feel Arnette could be the playmaking safety we have been missing since Hooker left...Moreover it puts his agression to good use as opposed to him just being a faceguarding/pass interference waiting to happen. I would love to see Fuller & Arnette at safety, Whirlte at Star, and Okudah and Wade at the corners.

ReplyQuote
James A. Mills
 James A. Mills
(@James A. Mills)
08/07/2019 1:47 pm  

Damon is going to have no less than a 1st team All Big 10 season. He's a little bit more rigid than you expect from a cornerback playing press/shadow man coverage. He's a natural in a zone defense because of his closing speed and ability to put guys on their back. I'm going with 3 or 4 picks, a bunch of passes defended, and at least putting one opponent on the bench with his ability to just uncork of guys.

I love Jeff Okudah, but IMHO Damon Arnette is the best corner on the roster.

ReplyQuote