Forum

Ohio State Spring R...

Share:

Ohio State Spring Recap -- Can the Linebackers Return to Form?  

RSS

Tony Gerdeman
(@tony-gerdeman)
Noble Member Admin
21/04/2019 4:40 pm  

Ohio State returns all three starting linebackers from last season in Tuf Borland, Malik Harrison, and Pete Werner. In fact, they lost just two linebackers from last year's team. The Buckeyes were two or three players deep this spring at each linebacker position, which gave new linebackers coach Al Washington plenty to watch throughout camp.

This topic was modified 3 months ago by Tony Gerdeman
This topic was modified 3 months ago by Tom Orr

The height of confidence is standing up in a hammock.

James A. Mills
 James A. Mills
(@James A. Mills)
21/04/2019 6:07 pm  

MIKE - Teradja Mitchell backed up by Tuf Borland
MIKE Malik Harrison backed up by Dallas Gant
SAM - Baron Browning backed up by K'Vaighn Pope

Sorry Pete....back to safety and backing up Jordan Fuller.....and stop playing with your damned gloves.

BULLET

Brenden White backed up by Jahsen Wint

Not sure what's gloatable in returning the worst performing linebacker unit since Woody introduced it around 1950...... meaning..........the worst linebacker unit in the history of the Ohio State football program.

Can the returners get better? Sure.......it would be impossible to get any worse. Sometimes it's just a smart idea to start with a new batch after the returning batch stunk up all of college football. Pretty sad when Ohio State has to be jealous after watching Cincinnati's linebackers.

ReplyQuote
James A. Mills
 James A. Mills
(@James A. Mills)
21/04/2019 6:09 pm  

2nd line (WILL) ^

ReplyQuote
Jeff
 Jeff
(@Jeff)
21/04/2019 7:23 pm  

If the slowest man west of the Hudson River starts over Mitchell/Borland, we got problems. Make it worse if Werner is over Pope or my grandmother from the grave

ReplyQuote
Jeff
 Jeff
(@Jeff)
21/04/2019 8:19 pm  

Auto corroect put Borland when I meant to type Browning - apologies - I just think Borland/Werner ain’t very good at their position...

ReplyQuote

Longtime Fan
 Longtime Fan
(@Longtime Fan)
21/04/2019 10:07 pm  

We have again entered the Groundhog Day abyss of repeated articles and/or topics. Once more, with feeling...2018 linebacking was a disaster. A couple of the problems were being paid 6 and 7 figures last year and are gone. The remaining issue is this- the 2019 starters need to be the 3 BEST players. Not the guys who come from the "best family", not a "coach on the field", and certainly not imaginary types who "don't understand pain" and supposedly heal like Superman. The...3...BEST...players...period...paragraph. If that happens- and I'm cautiously optimistic it will- improvement happens.

ReplyQuote
Christopher Perry
 Christopher Perry
(@Christopher Perry)
22/04/2019 1:05 pm  

Amen! You said it perfect Longtime Fan

ReplyQuote