Notifications
Clear all

Players of Game, Champions Named From OSU's 34-10 Win Over MSU  

RSS

Tony Gerdeman
(@tony-gerdeman)
Noble Member Admin
October 7, 2019 5:20 pm  

Redshirt sophomore cornerback Shaun Wade and fifth-year senior defensive tackle Jashon Cornell were named Ohio State's Defensive Players of the Week following Saturday night's 34-10 win over Michigan State. Junior running back JK Dobbins and junior left tackle Thayer Munford earned the honors on the offensive side of the ball for the Buckeyes.

Thojenningsolv
 Thojenningsolv
(@Thojenningsolv)
October 7, 2019 5:55 pm  

I’ve looked twice and don’t think I saw Chase Young’s name. I did however see three dudes blocking him on more than one occasion and two dudes blocking him all night - and I saw him Force a fumble just by being Chase Young. Being a weekly champion for him should be as automatic as a Kareem sky hook or Jim Browns 5 yards per carry!

ReplyQuote
Two Els
 Two Els
(@Two Els)
October 7, 2019 6:27 pm  

Paragraph 5 for Young...

ReplyQuote
James A. Mills
 James A. Mills
(@James A. Mills)
October 7, 2019 6:34 pm  

Also earning Champions grades on defense for the Buckeyes were fifth-year nose tackles Davon Hamilton and Robert Landers, junior defensive end CHASE YOUNG, sophomore defensive end Tyreke Smith,

ReplyQuote
Patrick
 Patrick
(@Patrick)
October 7, 2019 7:19 pm  

He's between Robert Landers and Tyreke Smith in the defensive champions paragraph.

ReplyQuote
JP Robb
 JP Robb
(@JP Robb)
October 7, 2019 9:22 pm  

I'm glad to see the interior Dline get rewarded for their tough play. Those guys rarely get credit and they played great.

ReplyQuote
Thojenningsolv
 Thojenningsolv
(@Thojenningsolv)
October 7, 2019 9:29 pm  

Thanks all! Kareem and Mr. Brown can rest easy - they still have company! Go Bucks!

ReplyQuote
James A. Mills
 James A. Mills
(@James A. Mills)
October 7, 2019 10:35 pm  

Yep, and they have played fantastic through all 6 games. Jashon Cornell has been playing in beast mode, as has Davon Hamilton. Those guys have been the catalyst's for the DE play wrecking backfields and making running lanes non existent

ReplyQuote
Buck68
 Buck68
(@Buck68)
October 8, 2019 3:19 pm  

Good and informative to see posters recognize and credit the many facets beside many or lack of stats to determine who played well!

Synergy.... inspiring to 'feel' ...darned hard to put your finger on.... ;-{)}

ReplyQuote