Share:

Nothing But Positives From Jeff Hafley When It Comes To Damon Arnette  

RSS

Tony Gerdeman
(@tony-gerdeman)
Noble Member Admin
June 11, 2019 12:27 pm  
wpf-cross-image

Cornerback can be a thankless position. When they make a good play, they're just doing something they're supposed to be doing. When they give up a big play or get a flag thrown on them, however, there is no brighter spotlight in football. And that spotlight can burn an indelible mark on some players. As a redshirt sophomore starting...

This topic was modified 3 months ago by Tony Gerdeman

The height of confidence is standing up in a hammock.

Bill Pavuk
 Bill Pavuk
(@Bill Pavuk)
June 11, 2019 4:35 pm  

I think Arnette was right to come back for another year. I'm not sold that Sheffield is ready for prime time. I think both have a lot of talent but still had some work to be done before getting the optimum in terms of draft status. Given how well Okudah played, had Sheff and Arnette stuck around, I'm not sure that both would even be starting. But I think Arnette can be a valuable leader in our secondary.

ReplyQuote
Christopher Perry
 Christopher Perry
(@Christopher Perry)
June 11, 2019 9:09 pm  

I still think Arnette should be given a shot at Safety. Wade/Okudah at corner...Fuller, Arnette, and White at the safeties/bullet.

In my honest opinion I think that would leave Fuller as the odd man out playing mostly in nickel. While Fuller is just serviceable at safety, I think Arnette could be dynamic and much more of a playmaker.

ReplyQuote