Share:

Morning Conversational: Why Practice Can Only Do So Much For QBs  

RSS

Tony Gerdeman
(@tony-gerdeman)
Noble Member Admin
April 14, 2019 9:52 am  
wpf-cross-image

Being an elite college quarterback is a full-time job. The amazing part is that those 50 weeks per year are spent on preparing for just 13 or 14 Saturdays per year, and the irony is that those 36 or 37 weeks can only prepare a quarterback so much for the games that he will be playing. While this spring was a positive experience for Ohio State quarterbacks...

This topic was modified 5 months ago by Tom Orr

The height of confidence is standing up in a hammock.

Mike
 Mike
(@Mike)
April 14, 2019 4:16 pm  

With the O-line in total confusion and our supposed QB starter going 4-13? Yeah! I'm worried!

ReplyQuote
S Andrew Alexander
 S Andrew Alexander
(@S Andrew Alexander)
April 14, 2019 10:03 pm  

I feel bad for Matt Baldwin. Unless Fields is another 1-and-done the kid will be in the portal sooner rather than later. I wish I believed it was a real competition but subtle and not-so-subtle things said since before Fields' arrival made it a foregone conclusion.

ReplyQuote
Tony Gerdeman
(@tony-gerdeman)
Noble Member Admin
April 14, 2019 10:29 pm  

Fields can't be a 1-and-done because he's only a true sophomore. And I promise you that if he doesn't play well in practice, he will not be Ohio State's starting QB.

The height of confidence is standing up in a hammock.

ReplyQuote
Sir Miles
 Sir Miles
(@Sir Miles)
April 16, 2019 2:04 am  

He's already ahead via practice. I'd say if he doesn't play well in games he may not remain the starter. There's basically 2 days of practice during the season, so the only way to lose your spot is game performance.

ReplyQuote