Share:

Rating the 2019 Big Ten Linebackers -- East Division  

RSS

Tony Gerdeman
(@tony-gerdeman)
Noble Member Admin
12/08/2019 11:56 am  
wpf-cross-image

Our annual process to determine the division champions in the Big Ten is a nearly flawless exercise of tedium, but it's ours. Today, we tackle the linebackers of the B1G. Some will tell you that linebackers are only as good as the defensive line in front of them, but that is absolutely untrue when you are simply rating them as a standalone unit as we are doing here.

This topic was modified 2 weeks ago 3 times by Tony Gerdeman

The height of confidence is standing up in a hammock.

Aj
 Aj
(@Aj)
12/08/2019 1:58 pm  

Wait. So we're number two because our terrible linebacking core from last year is back? I wouldn't assume immediate improvement just because of scheme. I would def put us behind MSU and maybe behind MI. All we did last year is prove that our linebackers couldn't back jack.

ReplyQuote
wee
 wee
(@wee)
12/08/2019 4:21 pm  

I was watching some games from last year and I was wondering how on earth were 2 of the 3 LB's recruited to Ohio State in the first place and how the heck did they get the starting job. They were terrible as in would not start on a good high school varsity team. The failures at coaching picks Meyer had in his last days were enormous. Oh yeah and placing this group anyway but the bottom of any list should be a given

ReplyQuote
Tony Gerdeman
(@tony-gerdeman)
Noble Member Admin
12/08/2019 5:00 pm  
Posted by: @wee

I was watching some games from last year and I was wondering how on earth were 2 of the 3 LB's recruited to Ohio State in the first place and how the heck did they get the starting job. They were terrible as in would not start on a good high school varsity team. The failures at coaching picks Meyer had in his last days were enormous. Oh yeah and placing this group anyway but the bottom of any list should be a given

I hate to break it to you, but all of these LBs started on good high school varsity teams.

The height of confidence is standing up in a hammock.

ReplyQuote
kybuckfan
(@kybuckfan)
12/08/2019 7:39 pm  

Some games?  Did you not watch all of the games?  Did you watch the Michigan game?  The LBs played very well that game.  Turns out, the new set of defensive coaches also like these same 3 starters.  Maybe they should have touched base with you first.  Bottom of this Big Ten list?  All 3 of these guys will play in the NFL.  Write that down.  

ReplyQuote

JP Robb
 JP Robb
(@JP Robb)
13/08/2019 1:41 am  

The East LBs must be trash if we're #2. Just sayin'.

ReplyQuote