Notifications
Clear all

Ten Things We Learned From Ohio State's 48-7 Win At Nebraska  

RSS

Tony Gerdeman
(@tony-gerdeman)
Noble Member Admin
September 30, 2019 3:26 pm  

Ohio State went into Lincoln, Nebraska Saturday night to set some facts straight. Their 48-7 win over the Huskers was supposed to be some kind of "I told you so," but it was really only preaching to the choir. This is a Buckeye football team right now playing as if scripted by an irrational superfan. "I want to see dominating running, accurate quarterbacking, no missed...

Kevin
 Kevin
(@Kevin)
September 30, 2019 6:09 pm  

Happy to see such a productive team on both sides of the ball. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching a buckeye team in the regular season as much as I do this team. One thing that confuses me tho is why the offense has gone away from passing to the TE's. The first few games seemed promising and now they seem to be non-existent. Obviously this O is on fire without them involved in the passing game, but if we get to the playoffs that will probably change.

ReplyQuote
Don
 Don
(@Don)
September 30, 2019 6:26 pm  

I'm sure there are plays that Ryan Day hasn't put into games yet. He will probably wait until this weekend or against PSU and MI to use them.

ReplyQuote
Jim Short
 Jim Short
(@Jim Short)
September 30, 2019 6:30 pm  

The Michigan State game will be a BEATDOWN.....next!

ReplyQuote
JP Robb
 JP Robb
(@JP Robb)
September 30, 2019 7:26 pm  

Against NE, it seemed like Day wanted to get the ball to Mack more. And it showed. I'm thinking Victor is next. But sooner or later the TEs will be targets. With so many weapons it's a blessing and a curse to keep everyone happy and hungry.

ReplyQuote
cptfreedm
(@cptfreedm)
September 30, 2019 10:23 pm  

All the weapons...someone will always be there to make a play. This week Mack. Unselfish bunch seems like. Only one ball is the sad thing 😉

ReplyQuote
thojenningsolv
 thojenningsolv
(@thojenningsolv)
September 30, 2019 10:26 pm  

Please forget about last year - this is an entirely differently COACHED team with essentially the same players (QB obviously is in a transition). And, they are who we think they are. Adversity will come? Most certainly. A loss? Perhaps but there is fight and they know what they are doing. So, I've learned (from game 2) that they are who we think they are - these are THE Ohio State University Buckeyes and the Defense is the SILVER BULLETS! Nuff said.

ReplyQuote
James A. Mills
 James A. Mills
(@James A. Mills)
October 1, 2019 4:23 am  

Coach Day seems to be targeting individual players in the passing game for a purpose. The more success each one has, the harder it will become for a defense to key any one of them with their best DB's. Each one in turn is proving that they can take the top off of defenses. Each one is proving that they can be productive in the short and intermediate routes. At the same time he's working the backfield to the most efficient rushing attack (4 deep if necessary) plus QB options in the run game, we've seen in a really really long time. Then the tight ends who seem to catch everything thrown their way.

Scary how good this offense i, and how much better it is probably going to become.

The defense is just sick. Maybe the most welcomed of everything done by it so far was the "on the fly" adjustments in Lincoln.

Special teams is on the verge of being extra special.

Combined offense, defense, special teams Ohio State sits at #1 in the Country

ReplyQuote
Steve
 Steve
(@Steve)
October 1, 2019 6:15 am  

This team is a different animal and the coaching staff is the reason. Loved Urban, loved his recruiting, but the coaching staffs he assembled didn’t week in and week out prepare their team. His teams should have won at least one if not 2 NC with the talent they had. This team is being coached well from top to bottom and hopefully will not have any of the unbelievable do not show up games.

ReplyQuote
Tim
 Tim
(@Tim)
October 1, 2019 8:28 am  

If Fields & Young stay healthy, the sky is the limit. The depth is fine in all other areas, but neither of those two (production) can be replaced.

ReplyQuote

Norman Head
 Norman Head
(@Norman Head)
October 1, 2019 2:21 pm  

11. Even when Jeff Okudah falls down, he falls down in the right place.

ReplyQuote