Forum

Way Too Early 2019-...

Share:

Way Too Early 2019-2020 Lineup Projection for Ohio State Wrestling  

RSS

Brandon Dodson
(@brandon-dodson)
30/03/2019 1:59 pm  

Let’s start off by recapping the end of the season for the Ohio State Wrestling team. After a successful season, Ohio State had a rough ending by going 0-3 in National Title matches. Joey McKenna (141) lost in OT on a very questionable takedown. Head coach Tom Ryan was very disappointed in the call, stating it cost McKenna a national title.

This topic was modified 4 months ago by Tony Gerdeman

JOHN GEITTMANN
 JOHN GEITTMANN
(@JOHN GEITTMANN)
30/03/2019 2:25 pm  

Interesting. What happened to the twins from WI?

ReplyQuote
Brandon Dodson
 Brandon Dodson
(@Brandon Dodson)
30/03/2019 2:36 pm  

They are both still on the team. Brady went 7-2 and Dylan went 14-5

ReplyQuote
Todd
 Todd
(@Todd)
30/03/2019 5:47 pm  

love the wrestling articles! McKenna definitely got hosed on a bad call and it was shocking and sad to see Martin lose to someone he had beat soundly twice this season..I know you never know in wrestling but that was definitely the biggest upset of the entire tournament.

ReplyQuote
Brandon Dodson
 Brandon Dodson
(@Brandon Dodson)
30/03/2019 9:11 pm  

Thank you. I am hoping to post more articles in the future. If you want more news follow my twitter page @RecruitingBucks

ReplyQuote

Landeck Buck
 Landeck Buck
(@Landeck Buck)
31/03/2019 8:32 am  

I really enjoyed the article! That really stinks that Kyle Conel is going to Penn State. Penn State doesn't need anymore help.

ReplyQuote
Brandon Dodson
 Brandon Dodson
(@Brandon Dodson)
31/03/2019 10:16 am  

Thank you so much. If you are looking for more news you can always follow my twitter

ReplyQuote
Joe Anderson
 Joe Anderson
(@Joe Anderson)
31/03/2019 9:06 pm  

thanks for article! looking forward to more in the future during the season.

ReplyQuote
Gary
 Gary
(@Gary)
06/04/2019 10:29 am  

125 Not sure that Jacob will beat out Heinselman after Malik having a year in the room and competing at the college level. Jacob still needs to grow into the 125 as does Malik.

133 I still like Luke there. Jordan Decatur might be better red shirting and competing in the open matches to work on his mat wrestling . He's great on his feet from space.

141 might need to go with Quinn Kinner. 16-3 redshirt season.

149 - 157 Hayes vs Sasso. I think Sammy picks his weight here .

165 Karchla from day one unless Romero comes into the season at another level.

174 Perhaps a Smith vs Romero wrestle off ?

184 Hoffman

197 Moore

Hvy Singletary early. Kerkvelet health is a concern but he has the talent to do what Gable did as a frosh . Love to see the wrestle off .

ReplyQuote
Brandon Dodson
 Brandon Dodson
(@Brandon Dodson)
10/04/2019 11:53 am  

Thank you for the response. I was very torn on 125. Malik was very undersized and struggled this year. Jordan is very explosive offensively and would absolutely benefit from a redshirt year but I was posting for our most explosive lineup. Quinn did not have any great victories this year that’s why I went with Pletcher moving up. As to hwt I heard an interview with chase saying the plan was to redshirt Kerkvliet and then chase moves down to 197 the year after. This obviously would change if we get Amos

ReplyQuote

Brandon Dodson
 Brandon Dodson
(@Brandon Dodson)
04/05/2019 1:00 pm  

The more I see about Heinselman this off-season the more I agree

ReplyQuote