From an Ohio State release.
Conference play begins Dec. 7 against Penn State at Value City Arena
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Big Ten Conference regular-season play will start in early December for the third-consecutive season in 2019-20 for the Ohio State men’s basketball team. This year, the Buckeyes open at home against Penn State Dec. 7 followed by a trip to Minneapolis Dec. 15 to face the Golden Gophers.
Ohio State opened the Big Ten season in December 2017 with wins on the road against Wisconsin and then at home over Michigan. The Buckeyes defeated Minnesota in Columbus and Illinois in Chicago a year ago.
The 2019-20 season, the 108th for the Buckeyes as a member of the Big Ten in men’s basketball, marks the second in which the regular-season league title will be determined following a 20-game schedule. The Buckeyes face 10 league opponents at home and 10 on the road this year.
Ohio State will play Minnesota, Indiana, Michigan, Penn State, Maryland, Wisconsin and Nebraska both in Columbus and on the road (home-and-home) in 2019-20. The Buckeyes travel only to Iowa, Michigan State and Northwestern. Illinois, Purdue and Rutgers will play Ohio State in Columbus only.
Chris Holtmann, head coach of the Buckeyes, begins his third season in Columbus after posting a 25-9 overall record in 2017-18 and a 20-15 in 2018-19. Ohio State has advanced to the second round of both the 2018 and 2019 NCAA Tournaments. The Buckeyes defeated South Dakota State before falling to Gonzaga in the 2018 West Regional in Boise, Idaho. Last year, Ohio State knocked of Iowa State before falling to Houston in the Midwest Regional in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Game times and television designations will be announced at a later date for the Ohio State 2019-20 men’s basketball season.
Season tickets for the 2019-20 season are on sale and can be purchased by calling 1-800-GO-BUCKS or by logging on to. In addition, the Scarlet and Gray package is on-sale by logging on to .
Half-season and eight-game mini plans go on sale Sept. 10, with four game mini-plans on sale Sept. 17 and group and single-game tickets available Oct. 1. For more ticket information, please log on to:.
NOTING THE 2019-20 SCHEDULE
· Ohio State will play its first seven games of the season, plus an exhibition, at home with six at Value City Arena and one at St. John Arena. Three of the four non-Big Ten games in December will be played outside Columbus (vs. North Carolina in Big Ten/ACC Challenge, vs. Kentucky in CBSSports Challenge (Las Vegas) and vs. West Virginia in Cleveland Classic).
· The Buckeyes again will take part in the annual Big Ten/ACC Challenge. Ohio State travels to North Carolina this year Dec. 4.
· Now in its sixth year, Ohio State will again play in the CBSSports Classic. The event will take place in Las Vegas this season Dec. 21. The Buckeyes take on Kentucky while North Carolina and UCLA play in the second game.
· Villanova will travel to Ohio State Nov. 13. The game is part of The Gavitt Games, which pits members of the Big Ten vs. Big East opponents.
· Two Big Ten Conference games will be played in early December after the league expanding to a 20-game, regular-season slate in 2018-19. Ohio State will play Penn State in Columbus Dec. 7 and travel to Minnesota Dec. 15.
· The annual Big Ten Tournament will be contested in Indianapolis in 2020, Chicago in 2021 and then back to Indianapolis in 2022.
· The Buckeyes will have 18 home games in 2018-19 plus an exhibition contest vs. Cedarville Oct. 30.
· Seven Big Ten teams (Minnesota, Indiana, Michigan, Penn State, Maryland, Wisconsin and Nebraska) battle the Buckeyes twice during the regular season with three (Illinois, Purdue, Rutgers) traveling only to Columbus. Ohio State hits the road to face Iowa, Michigan State and Northwestern this year.
· Ohio State will play 19 regular-season games against 13 teams that advanced to postseason play in 2019. Fifteen games are scheduled vs. 2019 NCAA Tournament teams (Maryland-2, Minnesota-2, Michigan State-1, Michigan-2, Wisconsin-2, Villanova-1, Purdue-1, Cincinnati-1, Iowa-1, Kentucky-1, North Carolina-1) while four contests pit the Buckeyes vs. 2019 NIT squads (Indiana-2, Nebraska-2).
2019-20 Ohio State Men’s Basketball Schedule
30-Wed. Cedarville (Exh.)
10-Sun. UMass Lowell
22-Fri. 2-Purdue Fort Wayne
25-Mon. 2a- Kent State
29-Fri. Morgan State
4-Wed. 3-at North Carolina
7-Sat. Penn State
15-Sun. at Minnesota
17-Tues. Southeast Missouri State
21-Sat. 4-vs. Kentucky
29-Sun. 5-vs. West Virginia
7-Tues. at Maryland
11-Sat. at Indiana
18-Sat. at Penn State
26-Sun. at Northwestern
4-Tues. at Michigan
9-Sun. at Wisconsin
20-Thurs. at Iowa
27-Thurs. at Nebraska
8-Sun. at Michigan State
11-15/Wed.-Sun. 6-Big Ten Tournament
1-2019 Gavitt Games, Value City Arena, Columbus, Ohio
2-2019 Ohio State Classic, Value City Arena, Columbus, Ohio
2a-2019 Ohio State Classic, St. John Arena, Columbus, Ohio
3-Big Ten/ACC Challenge, Dean Smith Center, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4-CBSSports Classic, T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas
5-Cleveland Classic, Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse, Cleveland, Ohio